Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Super Creative Husband

For those who don't know, I (Christy) am a veterinary technician, which involves getting pretty dirty everyday. Whether it is snot, fecal matter, urine, blood, dirt or whatever, it doesn't matter much because I always have my trusty scrubs on. Well recently we had a small emergency which involved me getting a bit of blood on the front of my scrubs. For this purpose I prefer darker scrubs but that day I happened to be wearing light blue ones. I washed them in cold and forgot all about it until I pulled them out of the drawer one day and put them on. I thought, it's just a small spot, no one will really notice, and finished getting ready. When I was all ready and had about 5 minutes until I had to leave, I looked at myself in the mirror for the first time that morning and realized that everyone would notice. I could have just changed and forgot all about it but then what would I do? Throw out the scrubs? That's when I remembered what a creative husband I have. I said, "Scott, can you draw something on here to cover the blood? You have 4 minutes." He got out his sharpie and went to work, and 2 minutes later, exactly 2 minutes later, I was out the door.

Pretty good for 2 minutes, huh? Could you even tell it was blood? And I got compliments from all my coworkers. So those of you who know Scott know that I may not have the neatest husband, or the cleanest, or the most handy, but you do have to agree that I have the most creative husband.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW!! That's SO cool!! Very creative!!

Nancy Smith... said...

I bet the co-workers wanted to know where you got that cool scrub!?
Very Fun!
P.S. Love your blog!

Sarah Hull said...

YEah for Christy and her sweet blogging skills!!!
Yea for for creative husbands who can draw sweet cats to cover scary blood stains!!!