Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cankles


I am officially in my last month of my pregnancy (assuming that she doesn't decide to hang around too late) and I can't believe at how it has flown! Pregnancy has not been my favorite thing but it has gone by much faster than I expected.

She definitely has a mind of her own, she is always pushing on me, and I swear she is trying to break out. I feel her pushing and/or hitting my cervix every single day.

All in all, I think I've had a relatively easy pregnancy (although I don't think any pregnancy should be called that). The 1st trimester was no picnic, but it could have been much worse. And the 3rd trimester is getting difficult, I feel like everything hurts all the time, it's hard to even turn over in my sleep, everything is exhausting and I just love the swelling. BUT I haven't really had any of the extra problems that a lot of women have with their pregnancies. No kidney stones, no hemorrhoids, no gestational diabetes, no high blood pressure or bleeding problems, only one minor infection.

Everyone keeps asking me if I am ready to be done and I think they misunderstand when I say "no." No, I am not overly enjoying this- I am scared for the next step! We are just about all ready for her arrival but it is still overwhelming to think about. Taking care of another human being is a lot, but I think I'm mostly worried about the labor process. Everyone has such different labors that I get freaked out thinking about what it could be like. The unknown is definitely scary and let's be honest, you can prepare all you want for this, you're still never "ready"! We are just doing all we can and then praying a lot!

Overall, we love her lots and can't wait for her to be here.

4 comments:

Flurry of Urry said...

You'll be great. It IS scary, but the longest it will last start to finish is only about 24 hours, and the actual painful part is only about 2. You can do anything for 2 hours. (I hope I'm not jinxing you by saying this! lol) Good luck!

Nancy Smith... said...

Christy,
You are one of the strongest people I know. You will be able to handle the labor and delivery. You will be lifted up and helped along the way as you trust in the Lord. In the scheme of things, it will be such a short time, and then, such a miracle - giving life to one of Heavenly Father's children...and having the privilege of raising her. Take one day at a time, and know that you are not alone in this journey...your good husband, your families, friends, and of course, Heavenly Father will be there all along the way to be your cheerleaders! I feel so blessed to know and love you and Scott! Can't wait to meet Penny. We love her already!

KaceFace said...

I am so excited to meet Penny! You and Scott will be AMAZING parents! I remember being so nervous with my first pregnancy, I didn't know how to take care of baby! But instincts(and your mom) kick in and it becomes a lot easier then you think! Being a mom is the BEST!

Team Smith Adventures said...

Thanks Kacey :) It will be so fun for our little ones to play!