Monday, October 31, 2011

Penny's Blessing

Yesterday we had the opportunity to have Penny blessed at church. Scott gave her the blessing and all of our wonderful family came to it.

Grandpa and Grandma Dimick


Grandpa and Grandma Smith

"Grandpa and Grandma" Fisher


Great Grandma Fraser and Great Grandma Joyce


Proud Daddy- he did an awesome job blessing her. She was so good too, she didn't make a sound and didn't hurl all over (I was a little worried about that since I filled her up real good right before to keep her happy and quiet).

Penny in all her beauty:
The dress she wore is "The Blessing Dress". My mom was blessed in it, along with her 2 sisters and all of their daughters were blessed in it as well. Penny is the first from her generation to be blessed in it and number 13 overall.

The shoes she wore are new but special also, they were made for her by her Great Grandma Riner, and those may have to also become a blessing tradition- they were so cute and fit perfectly!

Her Aunt Melissa made the headband for her. The day before I realized that I didn't have any headbands that would match and fit and Melissa came to the rescue.

The firsts of 3 generations blessed in the dress:

I am so grateful for my beautiful, sweet little girl, for my wonderful husband who is worthy and honors his priesthood, and for all of our wonderful family for their love and support!

2 comments:

Nancy Smith... said...

It was a beautiful blessing and a lovely day to spend with family. Penny is adorable and looked like an angel in that beautiful dress with so much wonderful history!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I heard about the blessing and could attend. Penny is beautiful but so is her mom. Her blessing was so beautiful and meanful. May you enjoy raising your little girl.