Wednesday, November 9, 2011

6 Weeks Old and Loving Life!

Today Penny had her first real smile! Luckily my phone was nearby so I caught a picture of it.
It's blurry because she was wiggling around, having a good ol' time.

She is a good baby, we've only had a couple of stumbling blocks, but we have figured them out pretty quick. She eats well and doesn't cry much. The only time she does cry is when she's hungry or lonely. She does not like to be left alone
at all. In fact, her favorite way to sleep is cuddled up with Mommy or Daddy, or somewhere where there are lots of people talking (Grandma and Grandpa's with the cousins there or my Young Women class both work great). Really the only way to get her to sleep in her own bed is to get her good and asleep on one of us and then put her in her bed. But I don't complain much, because at least I have a way to get her to sleep.

She is the NOISIEST baby. Just call me when I'm feeding her. She eats loud, poops loud, sleeps loud and just makes noises when she's not doing anything. I LOVE those little noises.

Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But it is also the BEST thing by far. I wouldn't give it up for anything, and I'm so grateful Heavenly Father has entrusted me with this responsibility.

In other news...
I have no idea how long she was sleeping like this before we found her. We are bad parents.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Are you having the "baby blues?" Those are really tough! If you ever need me, please call. I don't live far and will come help if you need. You and Scott are doing a beautiful job.