Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bathroom Wall Makeover

 Recently I walked into my bathroom, looked at the walls and said, "Ew!  I have lived here for over 3 years, and my bathroom walls have nothing on them!"

I don't know why I didn't even notice for 3 years and suddenly now, it's appalling. So I started on Project Dress Up My Wall. I went to Goodwill and bought 3 used frames, each for a buck.  Then I got busy finding/ making prints and dressing up the frames.  Here is the before and after:

 



Electric Light Orchestra is one of our favorite bands and Livin' Thing is definitely our favorite.  We have mini dance parties to it all the time.  So I made this print with a line from the song, and then sanded the frame down a little.


I found this blog a little while ago that has amazing printouts for Young Women lessons.  The author is a graphic design artists who shares them for free.  I found this adorable print there (not a freebie) and purchased it from her business.  

 
I had decided to do this project for free or almost free but I fell in love with this print and had to get it, and it was a good price.  Here is her graphic design website.   I then used this technique to get the crackle on the frame.

I found this design on this website.  They have a ton of free wedding stuff, including monograms.  I just edited a monogram to say "Smith", then painted the frame purple.
 

I am much happier now!  And total I spent about 10 bucks!
 

1 comment:

Sherri Araiza said...

Those are totally cute!! And I love that it wad all under $10!!