Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Camera!

Sort of new. Anyone who follows this blog knows how badly I want a DSLR. But I haven't been able to justify buying one, since money is not exactly flowing, and I have a really awesome film SLR sitting in the closet (like I am ever going to use film again). And since I don't happen to have any wealthy admirers who would up and buy me one, I had resigned myself to crappy photos for at least a few years. But then I had a realization. My Grandpa passed away 2 years ago (we all miss him lots). He was a professional photographer. HELLO! So after talking to my mom, aunt and grandma, I confirmed his DSLR is sitting in his closet! And my grandma let me take it! (The reason it hadn't been claimed is because it is an older version and everyone in the family that would care for an SLR already had a better one- except me. True, it is not the BEST camera- but compared to my point-and-shoot it is!) So the last couple of weeks I have been playing around with it and these are a few of the shots that I like.







4 comments:

Kellie said...

HOW did you not mention this yesterday??! SO exciting! Nikon or Canon?

Team Smith Adventures said...

I don't even know! Nikon!

Nancy Smith... said...

Love your pictures! Tender mercy...and grandpa would be so happy that his camera is being put to great use!

Sherri Araiza said...

Aw, I'm so glad that you were able to get what you wanted! :)How exciting! Your pictures look great and your baby Penny just gets cuter and cuter every day!