Monday, November 5, 2012

Firsts

Penny has had some fun firsts lately. A very important one:

First time at In-N-Out!!

She LOVED it.



And, first art project!  We did painting with edible paint.

I made the paint out of Skittles.  You just soak the skittles in water for about a minute and it makes a thin, edible paint.

Not really the best material for a masterpiece, but the nice thing was that I didn't care about her getting it all over!

And, I KNEW she would do this:
I didn't care about her ingesting the paint, but I didn't want all the brushes to get destroyed so I took them away.  And then Penny decided she needed to destroy her picture.



And then she decided she was done.


Another fun first that she had today: first milkshake!

We were fortunate enough that Scott had a day off today (because he had to work Saturday and Sunday) so we took advantage of it by going to the beach- because it was 94 degrees at our house!  Literally!  We walked down the Seal Beach pier and had Ruby's for lunch.


Penny had fun chasing the birds around, and she was making friends with all the kids on the sand.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day to spend on the beach and our only regret is that Scott and I didn't bring our swimsuits! 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ and I were reading the blog and he kept looking at the pictures and trying to say Penny.
I think we will try the edible paint thing next week. Always looking for fun art projects from stuff we already have around the house.

Shelly