Thursday, October 14, 2010

When are you going to stop asking socially awkward questions?

Recently I was talking to my sister about one of our pet peeves as young marrieds: when people ask, "When are you going to have a baby?" It is irritating because it is none of their business, and for couples who are trying without success, it can be especially frustrating. To deal with this question we came up with some creative responses.
Note: we acknowledge that everyone has been guilty of this at one time or another, including ourselves, so this is merely for comedy's sake, and not aimed at anyone in particular!

Random person: "When are you going to have a baby?"
Young married couple: -"What? We're supposed to do that? Can you tell me how?"
-(breaks down crying) "I just had my ovaries removed!"
-"Actually, we're trying! In fact just last night we..." (goes into graphic story)
-"When are you going to have a baby?"
-"(spouse's name) just left me!" (leaves sobbing)
-"Once Blargon succeeds in his plans to take over the world!"

Anyone have anymore good ones? I'm running out of things to say at church every week!

4 comments:

Flurry of Urry said...

"Not for a little while, we're just enjoying practicing for now."

Team Smith Adventures said...

Love it! I'll use that one today.

Nancy Smith... said...

"My minions are waiting for the moon to hit the third eclipse so that the man child that is conceived will be able to take over the world."
They will stop asking for sure if you say that.

zuniga family said...

You should say something like, We are trying but it just isn't working. We have tried (list off a variety of sexual positions) but they don't work. You have kids, could you give me some pointers?